Monday, October 02, 2006

70 Wild Miles - a beginning

It must have been one of those "anything goes" moments, but I said yes when asked if I wanted to compete in the 70 WIld Miles triathlon.

Held every year in Glencoe, a very beautiful part of Scotland, it consists of a 47 mile cycle, 10 mile canoe and a 13 mile run.... and all for a very good cause; CLIC Sargent (Caring for Children with Cancer) and cancer research in general.

So, where to begin and why blog it?

Well, blogging it seems like an ideal way to share the experience and perhaps give others some information on resources I find.  As for where to begin, I have no idea.

:-)

Seriously though, I need to talk to someone about a fitness program, need to learn how to canoe, learn about endurance races, find resources I can use and get training........ just as the Scottish autumn is closing in ... perfect timing !!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: